Day 2 - Dublin to Wexford
(Ferrycarrig – co. Wexford)
· Woke up at 6:30, continental breakfast at 7:30 (sleepy wait staff). Napped until 10:00, then packed up. Left bags at hotel and went to pick up car.
· Shopped our way down to the car rental place, arriving at 11:30 (supposed to be ready at 9:00). Car hasn’t arrived from the airport yet, so sat down and waited. Met a couple from New Jersey (you could tell); they were headed to a wedding south of Waterford somewhere.
· Car finally arrived just after noon; a Fiat Punta. Took pictures of the scrapes on the left-hand side. Headed out south following the hotel staff suggestion (may have been a mistake). One hour later, finally made it to the outskirts of Dublin on the N-11 to Wexford. “Keep to the left, keep to the left, keep to the left”. Note to self - move a little further right when Judy squeaks.
· Stopped at Enniscorthy at a saddle shop and picked up a new sweat sheet for Ruby - fun talking to “harse” people. Don’t have much of a feel where the edge of the curb is – bunged up the hubcap a little finding that out.
· Weather – rain, sprinkles, drizzle off and on all day, clearing by 6:00 PM.
· Made it to Ferricarig Hotel at about 5:30. Had supper in the bar due to wedding reception. Note to self – don’t order a black and tan in Ireland (it’s an American invention - also, see Black and Tans).
· Very nice place – our room had a view of the Wexford harbor estuary. No problem with waking up (between the sandpipers, cranes and seagulls!).
Ireland Home Day 3