Day 4 - Cork City to Killarney
· Another full Irish breakfast (for me – Judy had the continental). Tried the black pudding (type of blood sausage) – nothing special to make me want to try it again.
· Walked around the shops area (had a McDonald’s fix). My watch stopped working on the flight over, so stopped at a jewelry store. The battery is OK, but there’s a reset switch (inside the case) – reset OK.
· Checked e-mail at a WebTalk shop (Î1.25 for 15 minutes).
· Filled car up and left for Killarney. Got a bit lost here and there along the way. Rough road 1st half, then better (N22). Showers off and on.
· Stopped at Blarney Castle (had to kiss the Blarney Stone, of course).
· Made it to Killarney around 5:00, had a little trouble finding hotel (Foley’s Townhouse). Nice hotel – antiques/repro appointed old boarding house on High Street.
· Had a Pizza and mushroom-leek soup for supper (with a pint, of course).
· Walked around shops – Judy finally found a Celtic knot bracelet, still no luck on linen.
Ireland Home Day 5